ShipFast uses NextAuth to authenticate users. You can configure it in the
- If you haven't done it yet, add this to your
NEXTAUTH_SECRETis a random chain of characters for JWT encryption. Put anything in there with a least 10 characters.
- Create a new project on Google Cloud
- Go to APIs & Services then Credentials
- Click [Configure Consent Screen]
- Fill info. Use the ChatGPT prompts in pages /tos & /privacy-policy to generate yours automatically.
Add userinfo.email & userinfo.profile to scope.
Add yourself as a test user.
- Go to Credentials and click [+ Create Credentials] then [Oauth Client ID]
- Choose [Web Application].
https://your-site.com/api/auth/callback/googleto Authorized redirect URIs.
- Copy paste the Client ID in
GOOGLE_IDand Client Secret in
- Go to [Oauth Consent Screen] and click [Publish App] then submit for verification.
Click [Prepare for verification] and fill the missing information.
Google will email you and you will have to reply to start the process. You'll need to have your domain verified with Google Search Console. You can go ahead and do that now.
You can already login with Google on localhost. On production, it will work too but show a warning until you're verified (takes a few days).
The mongoDB adapter saves new users in the database when they successfully log in with Google. You have to configure the database first.